The Climate Ambition Accelerator is a six-month accelerator programme designed to equip companies with the knowledge and skills that need to accelerate progress towards setting science-based emissions reduction targets aligned with the 1.5º pathway, setting them on a path towards net-zero emissions by 2050.
Led by the United Nations Global Compact with support from Patrons Ørsted and Natura & Co and sponsored by En+ Group, the Climate Ambition Accelerator aims to scale-up credible climate action across companies of all sizes, sectors and regions, enabling them to deliver on meaningful commitments to reduce emissions at scale. The Climate Ambition Accelerator builds on the UN Global Compact’s work to develop and promote the Science Based Targets initiative, its net-zero standards, and Business Ambition for 1.5°C campaign and will contribute to initiatives such as the Race to Zero campaign.
Through the Climate Ambition Accelerator, UN Global Compact will help participating companies gain access to global best practices, peer-to-peer learning opportunities, capacity building sessions and on-demand training.
Reach out to our Environment and Climate Sustainability Lead, August Wichert (he/him) at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this programme. The cost of joining as a UN Global Compact Participant is CA$ 900 (plus HST).
Perhaps your company has not yet set emissions targets, or you’ve created targets without using the science-based targets methodology. Maybe you’re overwhelmed by the technical requirements involved. No matter where you are in your sustainability journey, the Climate Ambition Accelerator will help you get started and make progress toward setting ambitious emission targets. Participant benefits include:
- Learn how to set science-based emission reduction targets to achieve net zero by 2050
- Motivate investors, leadership, employees and shareholders with an emission reduction plan that sets your organization apart in the market
- Gain a clear understanding of the Science-Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) and the net-zero concept, including methodologies, requirements, processes, benefits and applicability
- Hear from peers and share insights in group sessions
- Take advantage of on-demand learning that enables you to work at your own pace
- Get access to industry experts and networking opportunities
- Benefit from local delivery combined with global insights and best practices
Company registration: 22 February – 30 April 2023
The programme begins: in May 2023
The programme ends: in November 2023
The following eligibility requirements apply in order to participate in the Climate Ambition Accelerator:
- A Canadian business Participant of the UN Global Compact
Interested in setting ambitious emissions reduction targets aligned with climate science at the pace and scale required to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement
Willing to appoint two representatives to participate in the accelerator activities and events and an executive-level representative to follow accelerator developments, provide support and participate in high-level events
The cost of joining as a UN Global Compact participant is CA$900 (plus HST).
Contact our Environment and Climate Sustainability Lead, August Wichert (he/him) at email@example.com for more information about this programme.